Market Terms & Information
Rotary Club of Rockingham Sunday Markets known as “Rotary Market”
Terms and Conditions as at 1st July 2019
Venue: Rockingham Village Green Car-park, off Kent St., Rockingham
Operating times: Sunday mornings.
Sellers must be in their bays by 7.00am from 1st October until 30th April, until 12 noon.
Sellers must be in their bays by 7.00am from 1stMay until 30th September, until 12 noon.
Any bays not occupied by the designated start time are deemed to be vacant for the day and can be allocated to a casual seller.
Conditions of Entry
This is applicable to all members of the public and all stall holders.
Rotary International and the Rotary Club of Rockingham are not-for-profit community service organizations. All of their members and helpers are volunteers. Every person who enters the area in which this Rotary Market is being conducted does so at his or her own risk and agrees to the following.
- As a condition of entry that to the fullest extent legally possible, Rotary International and the Rotary Club of Rockingham, its members and helpers are absolved from all liability (however arising) for death, personal injury, damage to property, economic loss, and any other loss or damage which arises out of or in connection with the persons entry due to any negligent act or omission, breach of duty, default or omission on the part of Rotary International or the Rotary Club of Rockingham, it’s members and helpers.
- Acknowledges that they are only allowed to enter on the distinct understanding that they do so at their own risk having read and understood the conditions above.
- Each stall holder is required to carry their own public liability and product insurance.
- Buyers - admission is a gold coin donation.
- Sellers - Bays will be available with a fee calculated per numbered car park bay (refer to our web-site for the current fee applicable). A bay consists of an area of 2.5 meters x 5.5 meters whether on the grass or a car-park bay.
- Collection of seller’s fees will be from 8.30 am.
- The Market will run every Sunday unless cancelled by the City of Rockingham or the Rotary Club of Rockingham. If severe inclement weather occurs the Rotarians on Duty shall decide if the Rotary Market should be cancelled. If the Market is cancelled by the Rotary Club, a credit will be given for the cancelled day.
- For safety reasons, all stall-holders shall remain until 11.30am irrespective of being sold out of produce. In emergency, stallholders wishing to leave prior to 11.30 must ask to be escorted out by a Rotarians on duty.
- The Market Manager or the Rotarian on Duty is responsible for the allocation of bays. Stall holders must not sublease their bays without prior permission from the Market Manager or the Rotarian on Duty. All permanent Stall holders are permitted to sublease their bay for a maximum of four weeks in a calendar year and retain the right to those bays. If bays are not sub-leased, the Rotary Club reserves the right to use these bays for other sellers on a casual basis.
- No vehicles are to be driven or allowed on the grass area
- Un-numbered bays are to remain clear.
- Stallholders must confine their goods within the boundaries of their sites and no merchandise shall protrude into the footways or public areas
- No animals are to be sold at the Market.
- All buskers require a permit issued by the City of Rockingham and will be charged as a single bay stall holder
- The purchase of any item(s) is the sole responsibility between the seller and the buyer.
- The Rotary club of Rockingham accepts no responsibility for any goods purchased.
The Rotary Club may refuse entry or eject a stallholder or member of the public at any time if they
- Fail to comply with the conditions of the market
- Fail to comply with lawful directions of a Rotarian on Duty
- Fail to comply with any provision of the relevant Council By-laws; or
- In the opinion of a Rotarian on Duty, the stall holder is acting in a way which jeopardizes the integrity of the market.
Health and Safety
All stall holders selling food or produce must trade in accordance with the Health Dept of Western Australia and other relevant local health laws (eg. Baked or cooked items must be prepared in an “approved” kitchen, and sealed for sale). A permit from the City of Rockingham is required.
Access to power/ Generators
Stallholders who require power to a stall site are required to provide a “silenced generator” and any extension cords to be used shall be tested and tagged by a licensed electrical contractor. All generators are to be adequately and safely secured to restrict access to patrons and kept clear of public access. A 4.5 kilogram dry chemical powder extinguisher must be located adjacent to any electrical generator, any flammable liquid or gas containers and food preparation/food cooking area.
Clean up and disposal of rubbish
All stall holders are to ensure that the stall site and the area that surrounds the site are left in a clean and tidy condition upon closure of the market.
Stall holders who participate in the Rotary Club of Rockingham’s Rotary Market do so at their own risk and are required to indemnify and hold harmless the Rotary Club of Rockingham against any claim for damages, costs, claims, expenses and liabilities, (including with limitations consequential loss and loss of profits) in respect to any loss, damage, injury, disease or death caused through any of the stallholder’s activities at the Rotary Club of Rockingham market.